Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions ("Terms") carefully.
Your use of the Smooth Hound Innovations web site ("www.smoothhound-innovations.com") and purchase of Smooth Hound Innovations Limited products ("Products") on it means that you agree to these Terms.
Our commitment to service
- Customer satisfaction is our number one priority,
we endeavour to supply brand new and unused items as
described on our website, to provide credit card payment
facilities that are secure and reliable, to despatch your
goods quickly and in a cost effective way, to provide full
warranty against manufacturing defect for one year and to
quickly answer any enquiries. All of our items have been
carefully designed and developed, a process typically taking
12 to 24 months before being manufactured/assembled in our
manufacturing facility in the Cambridge, UK and checked at every
level of production prior to approval and final shipping.
We currently have no outstanding customer service issues and
are happy to immediately answer any questions or concerns
about our products or service.
Export from the UK
- Smooth Hound Innovations are CE marked and can be freely distributed within
the European Union.
- Compliance testing for shipping to the USA is in process.
The price of Smooth Hound Innovations Products
- Prices are quoted on www.smoothhound-innovations.com in GB pounds
for delivery to the UK and Euros for delivery to other EU states.
- The price for each Product is shown on www.smoothhound-innovations.com
and includes applicable taxes within the European Union.
- When applicable, non-EU customers will be responsible for Import Duty/Tax in their
respective countries. Unfortunately we cannot advise you what these
costs will be - please consult your local customs office for more
- You must pay for your purchase before it is delivered.
- Smooth Hound Innovations uses externally hosted secure online payment services provided
by PaymentSense and PayPal. Smooth Hound Innovations does not receive your
card details at any time.
- Smooth Hound Innovations delivers to destinations inside and outside the UK.
- Packing and delivery within the UK is charged to cover the cost of next day recorded
delivery with Royal Mail.
- Packing and delivery within the EU with Royal Mail takes 3-5 day delivery.
- When applicable, delivery outside the EU may be subject to local import taxes, which
are your responsibility where they apply. Unfortunately we cannot advise
you what these charges will be and Smooth Hound Innovations is not responsible
- Smooth Hound Innovations ships all its Products using a priority, signed
for service. In the UK this service typically takes 1 day. Internationally the
service takes between 3 and 5 days. It is our aim to make sure that purchases
made before 12 o’clock, midday (UK time) will be shipped on the same day.
Purchases made after 12 o’clock, midday will be shipped the following day.
Every effort will be made to ship your Product as soon as the order arrives so
that you get it quickly, however Smooth Hound Innovations does not warrant the exact delivery
transit time, nor will Smooth Hound Innovations be held responsible for any loss caused by
delayed shipping or the late delivery of the Products.
- Orders are despatched either by Royal Mail (1st Class) signed for service or
by other priority airmail, signed for service. We use a signed for service that
requires a signature to make sure that your Product does not go missing on its way to
you. Depending on where you live, your postal service may only deliver at certain
times, so because a signature is required for delivery to take place, please specify
an address where someone will be able to sign for your package during the normal
working hours of your local postal service.
- If the Products are not delivered within the estimated delivery time which we
quote, please contact us by telephone or email and we will try and ensure that you
receive your purchase as quickly as possible, or if you wish you may cancel your
purchase and we will refund the money you have paid, once it has been confirmed
that the Products have been lost in transit. Please note that while items sent by
Royal Mail usually arrive within 1-3 days, Royal Mail stipulate that only items still
not delivered after 15 working days can be officially classified as lost, longer if
it has been shipped internationally.
- Please purchase your Products from Smooth Hound Innovations with enough time to prevent
any loss or disappointment resulting from the delivery time as Smooth Hound Innovations cannot
be responsible for this. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Copyright and Trade Marks
- Smooth Hound Innovations does not give you any right or interest in any copyright or
intellectual property rights in any Product nor the right to copy them.
- The copyright in Smooth Hound Innovations and the content of all the software, web
site and pages relating to the www.smoothhound-innovations.com web site is owned by, or
licensed to Smooth Hound Innovations, unless otherwise specified and may not be used,
copied or altered without our express consent.
- Copyright extends to the design, look and feel of www.smoothhound-innovations.com,
all photographs on it and its marketing materials. The look of the Smooth Hound Innovations
products and their respective packaging.
- You may use any graphics and content images of www.smoothhound-innovations.com for
private and personal, non-commercial use.
- You may use or reproduce the images on Smooth Hound Innovations website on your own
website or in your own publication provided it is clear to the reader that you
are not Smooth Hound Innovations, that you are not affiliated with Smooth Hound Innovations in
any way, and that you don't represent Smooth Hound Innovations, and provided that you
provide a clear link to Smooth Hound Innovations website near to or clearly associated
with Smooth Hound Innovations graphic content that you are using. Smooth Hound Innovations,
www.smoothhound-innovations.com and our logos are trade names or trademarks of Smooth Hound Innovations Ltd.
and may not be used by anyone else without our express permission. We are
in the process of applying for a registered trademark in the name "Smooth Hound Innovations"
and we are also the owners of unregistered trade mark rights in them.
- www.smoothhound-innovations.com provides you an opportunity to communicate with Smooth Hound Innovations.
Please be aware that any communication, whether it be suggestions, ideas,
graphics or other material, sent to Smooth Hound Innovations electronically, by word or by
post or any other means will be treated as non confidential and non proprietary.
Anything you submit, transmit or post becomes the property of Smooth Hound Innovations and
Smooth Hound Innovations is free to use, without being limited thereto, any ideas, concepts,
suggestions, graphics, photography, or know-how contained in any communication for
any purpose whatsoever, whether commercial or non commercial, without payment of any
compensation to you.
Privacy and Data Policy
- Smooth Hound Innovations makes a commitment to protecting your privacy and promises only
- We believe that you will be delighted with your Smooth Hound Innovations Product but there
may be occasions where you feel it necessary to return an item. We aim to keep the
process as simple as possible and these terms do not affect your statutory rights.
- All Smooth Hound Innovations products are fully guaranteed against manufacturing defects for
12 months from date of purchase from this website or one of our approved resellers,
if you experience a problem then please email us and we will endeavour to solve the
problem as quickly as possible
- We will try to attend to all returns as soon as practically possible.
- Please note that Product returns are not able to be accepted in person at our
- We do not replace Products that have been damaged through misuse or accident.
- Unwanted Products
- Our policy is to ensure that you are satisfied every time you purchase a Product from
Smooth Hound Innovations. If you are unhappy with your Product when you receive it or if you simply
change your mind please return it to us within 30 days, with the despatch note, having taken
all reasonable care of it so that it is undamaged and in an unused state complete with
packaging and all components, and we will refund you the price you paid for that Product
(excluding any postage and packing costs which we have incurred).
- We will make the refund directly to the credit/charge card used to place the original
order within 30 days or earlier, once we have inspected the returned item and are satisfied
that it has been returned to us in the condition it was in when delivered to you.
- You will have to pay for the return postage of the Product or Products.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Faulty Products
- We try to make sure that our Products pass through a rigorous quality control process and
are packaged and shipped securely to make sure that they arrive in good condition. However,
if a Product arrives damaged or with defects, we will replace it free of charge or provide a
full refund as appropriate, if you return the Product to us at the postal address below within
30 days of receipt.
- In these circumstances we will also pay you the cost of the return postage. Please obtain
a proof of posting certificate from your Post Office to enable us to process the refund for
your return postage costs.
- You will have to pay for the return postage of the Product or Products in advance of our refund.
- For help with items later than 30 days after your initial purchase please email us for more
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Returning Unwanted or Faulty Products
- Unwanted Products - European Distance Selling Regulations (DSRs)
- By law, consumers in the European Union have the right to cancel a contract for the purchase
of an item within seven working days of the day after receipt of the order. If you wish to cancel
your order under the DSRs we ask you to please notify our Customer Service team quoting your name
and order number: by email at email@example.com; or by telephone on 0797 671 695 8;
or by post to our Head Office address. We will then arrange for you to be refunded accordingly. Where
you are cancelling your order within this cooling-off period we will refund the cost of the item
and the cost of sending the item to you as follows:
- where you are returning an item that was part of a larger order, we will refund any specific
delivery charges that you incurred for that item over and above our Standard Delivery rate.
- where you are returning your entire order, we will refund the Standard Delivery charge incurred.
- where we collect an item from you, we reserve the right to recover the costs of collection from you.
- where you post us the Product, you will be responsible for the return postage.
- we will NOT refund the cost of any gift-wrapping, your costs in returning the item to us and
other services provided to you in connection with your purchase (e.g. Express Delivery, where
offered) UNLESS you are returning the item to us because of an error on our part (or because it
is defective) under our 30-day Money-back Policy above.
Smooth Hound Innovations Responsibilities
- Smooth Hound Innovations has made every effort to make the descriptions (including all pictures) and specifications
of the Products as accurate as possible.
- Due to the nature of technical development, some aspects of the Product may differ slightly from the
Product shown in the photographs. While as accurate as possible, the images shown on www.smoothhound-innovations.com
are only meant to be illustrative of the Products being offered for sale.
- Smooth Hound Innovations shall insure purchased Products at their retail value whilst being delivered to you.
Please check the delivered Products as soon as possible on receipt as we will not cover any subsequent
loss or destruction.
- Smooth Hound Innovations will provide its services with reasonable skill and care but does not give any
guarantees, warranties or representations in respect of any other person's services.
- Because of the nature of the Internet, Smooth Hound Innovations provides and maintains www.smoothhound-innovations.com
on an "as is", "as available" basis and makes no promise that use of www.smoothhound-innovations.com will be
uninterrupted or entirely error free. We are not responsible to you if we are unable to provide our
Internet services for any reason beyond our control.
- Our website may contain links to other websites which are not under the control of and are not
maintained by us. These links, where they are provided are for your convenience only and we are not
responsible for the content of those sites.
- Except as provided above we can give no other warranties, conditions or other terms, express or
implied, statutory or otherwise and all such terms are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted
- You will be responsible for any breach of these terms by you and if you use www.smoothhound-innovations.com
in breach of these terms you will be liable to and will reimburse Smooth Hound Innovations for any loss or damage
caused as a result.
- These terms above shall not limit any rights you might have as a consumer that may not be excluded
under applicable law nor shall they exclude or limit Smooth Hound Innovations's liability for death or personal
- Smooth Hound Innovations will not be liable in any amount for failure to perform any obligation under this
agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unforeseen event beyond its reasonable
control including without limitation Internet outages, communications outages, fire, flood, war or
act of God.
- Smooth Hound Innovations shall have no liability for injury or harm caused by dangerous or unsafe or
incorrect use of any Smooth Hound Innovations Products or their component parts.
At all times Smooth Hound Innovations Products should be used carefully and with respect for other
- While every reasonable step has been taken to assure us that the Products we manufacture
are sound and comply with all statutory regulations, Smooth Hound Innovations does not warrant that their
wireless audio products will function correctly in all environments nor that they will not interfere
with other wireless products.
- These terms do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer which are available to you.
- Subject as aforesaid, to the maximum extent permitted by law, Smooth Hound Innovations excludes liability
for any loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including without limitation any direct, indirect
or consequential loss whether or not such arises out of any problem you notify to Smooth Hound Innovations and
Smooth Hound Innovations shall have no liability to pay any money by way of compensation, including without
limitation all liability in relation to:
- any incorrect or inaccurate information on www.smoothhound-innovations.com;
- any interruptions to or delays in updating www.smoothhound-innovations.com;
- the infringement by any person of any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party caused by
their use of www.smoothhound-innovations.com or any Product purchased through www.smoothhound-innovations.com;
- any loss or damage resulting from your use or the inability to use the www.smoothhound-innovations.com web
site or resulting from unauthorised access to, or alteration of your transmissions or data in
circumstances which are beyond our control;
- any loss or damage resulting from the use or inability to use of Smooth Hound Innovations Products
for public or private performance or recording.
- any loss of profit, wasted expenditure, corruption or destruction of data or any other loss which
does not directly result from something we have done wrong;
- any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect a
user's computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by persons accessing, using or
downloading smoothhound-innovations.com, or from transmissions via emails or attachments received from Smooth
Hound Innovations or its licensees and affiliates;
- the availability, quality, content or nature of the other sites on the Internet that are owned and
operated by third parties ("External Sites") to which smoothhound-innovations.com link and web sites located
on or through any External Site nor for any transactions involving External Sites (including as to
'cookies', personal data, confidential information, or purchases of domain names or other services).
You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns
regarding such links, web site or transactions; representations, warranties, conditions and other
terms which but for this notice would have effect;
- Smooth Hound Innovations may change or withdraw any part of www.smoothhound-innovations.com, or may
refuse you access to the web site at any time if we consider it necessary.
- Smooth Hound Innovations may also terminate this Agreement and immediately remove, cancel or suspend
access to and use of www.smoothhound-innovations.com upon breach of any part of these Terms whatsoever.
- Termination shall be without prejudice to Smooth Hound Innovations's other rights.
- Smooth Hound Innovations acts as principal on its own account and not as agent for you or any other person.
- If Smooth Hound Innovations does not enforce any provision of this agreement such will not be considered a
- In the event that any part of these Terms is held to be unenforceable, such part will at
Smooth Hound Innovations's option be construed as far as possible to reflect the parties' intentions
and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms constitute the full agreement between you and Smooth Hound Innovations and may only be amended in
writing. They apply to the exclusion of all other terms or conditions of contract proposed.
- Since we are principally aiming www.smoothhound-innovations.com at the UK and EU markets (FCC compliance
testing for the US market is in process), we cannot guarantee that it and the Products we sell, accords with local laws of any other countries
(though we will try to make sure they do).
- Use of www.smoothhound-innovation.com, their Products and these terms are subject to the laws of
England and the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
If you would like help when purchasing a Product, information about a Product, reserving a Product, using a
Product, or if you would just like to provide us with feedback on our service, please email us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org. However, you can also contact us by post at our Registered office;
or by telephoning +44 797 671 695 8 between the office hours of 9am and 5:30pm GMT.
Smooth Hound Innovations Ltd
Registered in England and Wales no: 8645434
Registered office: Unit D, South Cambridge Business Park, Babraham Road, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire. CB22 3JH.
VAT no: Not Registered
Data Protection no: Not Registered
© 2016 Smooth Hound Innovations Ltd. All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions